As we begin 2015, I want to share some of the wonderful things we have been able to accomplish over the last year with “There’s Something Different About My Hair.”
- Over 150 copies of the book were donated to various places around the world, including hospitals, schools, Ronald McDonald Houses, individual families, and libraries.
- The book is now in 8 countries, including Russia, China, Australia, Japan, UK, Canada, and Spain.
- 60 copies of the book were sent to the Jimmy Everest Center in Oklahoma to share with children going through cancer treatment. Three beautiful little girls battling cancer at the JEC asked to do a fundraiser to accomplish this goal, and thanks to the overwhelming support from their followers, in just a few days we surpassed the goal!
- Thanks to a wonderful organization called “Love 4 Lauren” and my friends at the Greater Midwest Cheer Expo, 120 books were included in Easter baskets donated to Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- Thousands of dollars were raised to help individual children battle various types of cancer across the country.
- I have had the opportunity to do readings for classrooms, different Ronald McDonald Houses across the country, book clubs, Girl Scout Troops and even hair salons!
- Joey Votto from the Cincinnati Reds once again visited Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati and read “There’s Something Different About My Hair” to our wonderful families in July.
- Television reporter Sheila Gray did a feature spotlight on the book for her “Family 411″ segment that aired across the country.
- CureSearch did a wonderful write up on the book and featured it on their website.
The entire purpose of writing this book was to raise awareness, give back, and inspire others. The emails, comments, and generosity from all of you are more than I could ask for, so let me try to sum it up with an overwhelming thank you. 2014 has been very giving, and I look forward to doing more in 2015!
Cheers, and Happy New Year to all of you who have made this possible!